The best chocolate bar you will ever eat! These peanut butter protein bars will be your new favourite snack at work which are incredibly macro-friendly compared to the chocolate bars you buy from the vending machine. This no-bake method is pretty straightforward too and only requires 10 minutes of prep time.
- 90g Smooth Peanut Butter
- 60g Vanilla Protein Powder (see notes)
- 30g Stevia Extract (or your preferred sweetener)
- 60g Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Ground Ginger (optional)
- 100g Dark Chocolate
- It is best to use a narrow baking tray or a loaf tin as that will help shape up the protein bars. Ensure you use a non-stick baking sheet and even apply some coconut oil, as the peanut butter layer will be sticky at first.
- In a large bowl, add the peanut butter, honey and coconut oil, and stir to combine.
- Add the protein powder, scoop at a time, and you may need to use your hands to knead into ball.
- Shape it up into a flat layer in your baking tray.
Dark Chocolate Layer
- To melt the dark chocolate, add it to a heatproof bowl and heat it over the saucepan when the water is boiling. This will prevent the chocolate burning or sticking to the saucepan.
- Once cooled down, apply the layer of dark chocolate over the peanut butter layer.
- There is no baking involved! Simply place your tray in the fridge for 30 to 40 minutes, and slice them into your preferred size.
- I used vanilla casein protein powder and these bars tasted fine.
- Refrigerate up to 7-10 days.
- Category: Snack
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 protein bar
- Calories: 194 kcal
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 3.9 mg
- Fat: 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.1 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 12 g
Keywords: Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bar, Homemade Protein Bar Recipe, Chocolate Protein Bar Recipe