This cottage cheese pasta is a great way of tricking your mind into thinking you are eating a dirty mac and cheese, yet it is reassuringly macro-friendly (for a cheesy pasta).
- 200g Penne Pasta
- 300g Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 40g Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Cornstarch / Corn Flour (optional)
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 80g Baby Spinach Leaves
- Salt and Black Pepper (to taste)
- In a food processor or blender, add the cottage cheese, milk, parmesan cheese, cornstarch, garlic powder, dried oregano, salt and black pepper, and blend until smooth.
- Prepare the penne pasta by adding boiled kettle water to your saucepan, add olive oil and salt, and the penne pasta. Half cook for 5 to 8 minutes and drain.
- Pour the cheese mixture into a large saucepan and add the penne pasta to cook on medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes. Add the spinach leaves and cover the pan for 2 to 4 minutes, and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate and consume with four days
- Cornstarch or corn flour is optional, but it will help thicken up the sauce.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 432 kcal
- Sugar: 6.9 g
- Sodium: 469.5 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 56 g
- Fiber: 3.1 g
- Protein: 26 g
Keywords: Cottage Cheese Pasta, Cottage Cheese Pasta Sauce