Almond Butter Energy Balls
- 7.0 oz Rolled Oats
- 4.4 oz Medjool Dates
- 4.4 oz Almond Butter
- 4 tbsp Honey
- 5 tbsp Almonds
- 5 tbsp Pumpkin Seeds
- Add the rolled oats, medjool dates, almonds and pumpkin seeds to a high speed blender or food processor. Blitz until it forms a smooth texture.
- Add to your mixing bowl, followed by the almond butter and honey.
- Stir to combine.
- Shape up the balls and store on a baking tray.
- Store in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Remove from the fridge and store in an air-tight container or bag, and keep it stored at room temperature.
- Eat anytime and consume with 7-14 days.
- You can store these energy balls at room temperature for up to 10-14 days. In fact, it could be longer but I always eat them within a week, so I have not properly tested this out (to see how long it actually lasts).
- You can freeze the energy balls for up to 3 months but use a freezer bag.
This no-bake energy ball recipe features six ingredients which are with dates, almond butter, almonds, honey, rolled oats and pumpkin seeds.
This is a very healthy and nutritious recipe but it is great for providing you with healthy fats and complex carbohydrates.
Next time you are looking for a pre-workout snack, skip the supplements or energy drinks, and eat one of these – it is so much better and tastes wonderful.
The good news is that you do not need to bake these in the oven or eat them quickly within a certain date because you can keep them stored in a cupboard and simply eat on the go.
This is an amazing meal prep snack whether you are looking to start eating healthier snacks, need a boost with healthy ingredients or require a quick breakfast on the go.
Why you will love these no-bake energy balls?
- Less than 250 calories (kcal) per serving
- Killer pre-workout snack with great slow releasing carbohydrates
- Highly nutritious and healthy ingredients
- No-bake recipe which you can store in a room temperature for up to two weeks
If you like healthy meal prep snacks, why not try:
- Healthy Chocolate Protein Donut Recipe
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- Protein Baked Oatmeal with Bananas
- Rolled Oats: Not only are these nutritious, but they are a great source of complex carbohydrates which are slow releasing.
- Dates: This ingredient is amazing for this energy ball recipe because it is a natural sweetener, is highly nutritious, easily helps bind the ball and is full of healthy benefits.
- Almond Butter: Another healthy ingredient which helps bind the ball and adds plenty of great taste to each time.
- Almonds: These almonds have been blitz in a high speed blender and are a great addition to this recipe. Almonds are rich in fiber, protein, vitamin E and healthy fats.
- Honey: Although there is already a sweetener in the dates, honey also helps make these energy balls more tasty.
- Pumpkin Seeds: The final healthy ingredient are these pumpkin seeds which are high antioxidants, magnesium and fiber.
Hey, I’m Mani and I started Spicy Meal Prep to help you prepare and cook healthy meals that have an extra kick of flavor! Whether you’re a busy worker looking to save time or a fitness enthusiast looking for meal planning inspiration, you will find recipes and cooking tips here to help you thrive in the kitchen!