Garlic and Herb Chicken with Sweet Potato Meal Prep
- Garlic and Herb Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Sweet Potato Mash
- 1 kg sweet potato
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 broccoli head
- 1 pack leafy salad
Prep the garlic and herb chicken
- To your mixing bowl, add all the ingredients and mix.
- If using an oven or air fryer, preheat it to 200°c / 400°f. If using a griddle pan, preheat on medium-high heat.
- Cook for six minutes on each side. Use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature of chicken breast has reached 75°c /165ºF.
Prep the sweet potatoes
- Wash and peel the sweet potato.
- Chop into cubes and boil on high heat for 10 minutes in saucepan.
- Drain the sweet potatoes and add back into saucepan.
- Mash the sweet potatoes.
- Add the butter and mixed herbs. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked broccoli, sweet potato mash, cooked chicken and leafy greens to your meal prep container. Store in fridge for 3-4 days or freeze up to 3 months.
Hey, I’m Mani and I started Spicy Meal Prep to help you prepare and cook healthy meals that have an extra kick of flavor! Whether you’re a busy worker looking to save time or a fitness enthusiast looking for meal planning inspiration, you will find recipes and cooking tips here to help you thrive in the kitchen!