Do you ever feel tired of drinking the same old protein shake every morning? Personally, I hate it and I’m not alone, which is why this high protein chocolate peanut butter smoothie bowl is a complete game changer because it is so much more fun, tasty and does not taste nasty!
It’s merely a creamy chocolate protein smoothie topped up with banana, peanut butter, blueberries, and granola.
This protein bowl is so refreshing and comforting that it does not feel like you are eating something healthy. Ultimately it’s the true power breakfast meal to help you attack the day!
What is a chocolate peanut butter protein smoothie bowl?
This high-protein smoothie bowl is a much tastier version of an ordinary protein shake because it’s so much more creamy and refreshing.
Rather than forcing yourself to drink another protein shake, you can instead sit down and enjoy a bowl full of goodness in the morning.
Even if you are in a rush in the morning and want a fast go-to recipe, this only takes around 8 minutes to prepare.
It’s so refreshing and delicious that you will find yourself making this each morning. You can choose any toppings such as your favorite nut butter, fruit, seeds, and cereal.
How to make a chocolate peanut butter protein smoothie bowl?
- Chocolate Protein Powder: I use two scoops PhD chocolate brownie protein powder to make this a high protein recipe. You can use any type of chocolate protein powder but whey protein is the better option.
- Plant-Based Milk: I use almond milk for this recipe, but you can use your preferred choice of milk.
Simply add to a high speed blender these two ingredients with plenty of ice to make it refreshing, creamy and smooth. Add to a bowl and choose any toppings you have at home.
- Nut Butters: Peanut butter or almond butter will tasty wonderful with this smoothie bowl.
- Fruit: Use a fruit of your choice, whether fresh or frozen, for refreshing toppings.
- Cereal: If you have spare granola, this is an amazing addition. Although it can be high calorie, a little portion will not hurt.
- Nuts and Seeds: You can sprinkle on nuts or seeds if you want a super healthy topping.
- To keep each serving low in calorie for weight loss, you can simply portion control the ingredients by using one scoop of protein powder and limiting the serving of granola.
- For bodybuilding and weight gain purposes, you can sneak in more protein and fats by using Greek yogurt, nuts, seeds and extra nut butter.
- Ensure you use ice to keep the protein smoothie thick and creamy.
Frequently asked questions
Is this chocolate protein bowl recipe good for meal prep?
This recipe is best served fresh, and it only takes 8 minutes. You can prepare protein shakes in advance but by using fresh ice keeps it super creamy.
Do you ever feel tired of drinking the same old protein shake every morning? This high protein chocolate peanut butter smoothie bowl is a complete game changer. It is simply a creamy chocolate protein smoothie topped up with banana, peanut butter, blueberries and granola. It is the true power breakfast meal which can help you attack the day.
- 2 scoops chocolate whey protein powder
- 1 & 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp ice cubes
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 banana, sliced
- 2 tbsp blueberries
- 1 tbsp granola
- Add the chocolate whey protein powder, almond milk and ice to a high speed blender. Blend for 1-2 minutes.
- Add to your serving bowl.
- Top up with the banana, peanut butter, blueberries and granola.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 540 kcal
- Sugar: 22.1 g
- Sodium: 2 mg
- Fat: 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 55 g
- Fiber: 11.4 g
- Protein: 45.9 g
Keywords: chocolate protein smoothie bowl, chocolate protein bowl, chocolate peanut butter smoothie bowl, chocolate protein shake