If you love egg muffins but looking for extra spice in the morning, these jalapeño popper egg muffins will certainty not disappoint. They will smell like pizza and taste so good that making six of these is just not enough.
I make these for my meal prep and find myself reheating these at random times of the day whether it is for breakfast or snacking in the office.
The good news is that these are macro-friendly, costs very little to make and is very quick to prep. Give it a go and let me know in the comments how you get on.
How to make Jalapeño Popper Egg Muffins?
You will need:
- 6 Large Eggs
- Red Bell Peppers
- Shredded Cheddar
Crack the eggs into your mixing bowl and whisk. Also, season with salt and black pepper. I added chilli flakes also to the egg mixture for extra heat.
Brush the muffin tray pockets with cooking oil. I used extra virgin olive oil.
Add the egg mixtures to the muffin tray. To make your life easier, it would be worth adding the red bell peppers first because that will be easier to evenly distribute the portions,
Add the jalapeño slices.
Bake in the oven for 20 minutes on 180°C | 350°F (pre-heat it for 5 mins).
As you can see, these are all done and ready to eat.
Meal prep egg muffins
Or you can store them in a air-tight container and refrigerate up to 3-4 days, or freeze up to 2 months.
Jalapeño Popper Egg Muffins
- 6 Large Eggs
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil / Cooking Spray
- Jalapeño Slices
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- Chilli Flakes to taste - optional
- 40 g Shredded Cheddar
- Lightly brush each pocket in the muffin tray with oil.
- Crack each egg into a large bowl, season salt and black pepper, and whisk.
- Add your preferred ingredients to the muffin tray.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C | 350°F.
- Add the egg mixture. Also, add any toppings where necessary.
- Bake for 20 minutes and let it stand for 5-10 minutes.
- You can eat straight away but for meal prep ensure you let the eggs cool down and store in the fridge (up to 4 days) or freezer (up to 2 months).
- Egg muffins take around 30 seconds to reheat in the microwave.
- To prevent overflow, try to allow space when adding the egg mixture.
Hey, I’m Mani and I started Spicy Meal Prep to help you prepare and cook healthy meals that have an extra kick of flavor! Whether you’re a busy worker looking to save time or a fitness enthusiast looking for meal planning inspiration, you will find recipes and cooking tips here to help you thrive in the kitchen!