This lamb roast meal prep is perfect for the leftover leg of lamb after Easter. If you have plenty of leftovers, it’s perfect for meal prep which tastes amazing with sweet potato and broccoli.Print
This lamb roast meal prep is perfect for the leftover leg of lamb after Easter. If you have plenty of leftovers, it’s perfect for meal prep which tastes amazing with sweet potato and broccoli.
- leg of lamb
- 1 garlic bulb
- 1 bunch rosemary
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 500g sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 broccoli head, or frozen broccoli
Cook the leg of lamb, or use leftovers
- Using a sharp-pointed knife, make plenty of small incisions all over the leg of lamb and insert garlic cloves and rosemary sprigs. Cover in vegetable oil.
- Add to a deep roasting tin and cover with foil.
- Heat oven to 190°C / 380°F and roast for 1 hour and 45 minutes. Turn the leg of lamb halfway through.
- Once cooked, slice the lamb and you can keep it stored in the meal prep containers for 3-4 days, or you can freeze it for 2 months.
Prepare the sweet potato mash
- Cut the sweet potato into small cubes.
- Boil the sweet potatoes in salted water for 10 mins.
- Add the sweet potatoes back into the pan and mash until smooth.
- Add the butter and seasonings.
- Cook for a further 5 mins.
- Add the lamb, sweet potato and broccoli (fresh or frozen) to a meal prep container. Store in the fridge for 3-4 days or freeze for 2 months. To reheat, transfer to a plate and microwave for 2 minutes, or until piping hot.
Keywords: Lamb Roast Meal Prep, leftover lamb recipe