Here is a whopper style burger salad meal prep which is macro-friendly and keto-friendly. This is a great way to enjoy a burger everyday without feeling guilty or worrying about breaking your daily caloric intake plan.
What is a naked burger?
This recipe simply contains two small burger patties, with most of its toppings but without the bun, all stored in a meal prep container.
For this whopper inspired version, I have used tomato, lettuce, gherkin and a small pot of burger sauce. I avoided onions but you can use them too.
The naked burger is simply a hack to reduce the calories from the usual burger recipe and turn it into a tasty salad.
As a result, it ends up high in protein and fat while low in carbs and calories which can be useful in many ways depending on your diet and lifestyle.
Most fast food salads could have hidden calories but I have calculated the nutritional information for this meal prep, including the small pot of burger sauce, and can you believe this is under 300 calories?
The main reason why this salad is low in calories is because I am using a meal prep container that is encouraging portion control.
This burger salad recipe is very low in carbohydrates due to the removal of the burger bun and there is only a small pot of sauce for the dressing.
If you are following a keto diet, this recipe will interest you because there is an opportunity to add more fat such as bacon and cheese, or even choose a higher fatty meat for your burger patty.
Whether it is naked burger or naked burrito, I love the variation of these recipes because it allows you to regularly enjoy your favourite meals without feeling guilty or worrying about your macros.
There are plenty of variations of the burger salad meal prep that I will be posting more in the upcoming months which means you can simply cook all your burger patties in one griddle pan and choose different salads and sides!
Low Carb Burger Salad Meal Prep
- 320 g Low Fat Ground Beef
- 1 Tomato
- 2 Gherkin Slices
- Shredded Lettuce
- Burger Sauce
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- To make each patty, I used 80g of ground beef and shaped it into a mini burger. Season each side with salt and black pepper.
- On a high pre-heated griddle pan, add a dash of olive oil and your small burger patties and cook each side for 5 minutes.
- Prepare your meal prep container by adding your sides and salads.
- Add your burger patties.
- For meal prep purposes, refrigerate up to three days.
- Ensure the salad is fresh and rinsed in water before.
- Reheat the burgers only for around 1 minute.
- For keto purposes, choose a higher percentage fat in your mince, add bacon and cheese.
Hey, I’m Mani and I started Spicy Meal Prep to help you prepare and cook healthy meals that have an extra kick of flavor! Whether you’re a busy worker looking to save time or a fitness enthusiast looking for meal planning inspiration, you will find recipes and cooking tips here to help you thrive in the kitchen!