If you love the naked chicken burrito meal prep, you may also enjoy this naked chorizo burrito bowl which helps reduce calories and allows you to tuck into a delicious burrito meal.
I love this meal prep recipe because it can either be a make-ahead meal or make-ahead ingredient which ultimately saves you prep time during the week.
If you know all about the naked burritos from tortilla, this is a popular choice because it actually tastes so good when you mix all the ingredients, and you can top it up with cheese, guacamole and salsa.
This recipe is pretty much the homemade version which helps you prep up your burritos for work lunches or quick week night dinners.
How to make a naked chorizo burrito bowls?
Spanish Chorizo: The main highlight of this burrito meal prep is the chorizo and you can use any store-bought variation as I usually go for spicy Spanish chorizo.
Burrito Ingredients: To keep it simple for this meal prep I use bell pepper, sweetcorn, black beans, red onion and tomatoes.
What about guacamole? If you are going to prep the guacamole, then ensure you add lime juice and cover it with cling film. Personally, I would either cut up a fresh avocado or make the guacamole fresh.
Easy prep: I only cook the chorizo and chopped bell peppers, as the other ingredients can be stored in my meal prep container.
Enjoy as a naked burrito: You can reheat this, mix all the ingredients together and enjoy it as a naked burrito. By eliminating the wrap reduces the calories! However, do not forget to count the cheese and guacamole if you are throwing that on!
Save time making a real burrito: Alternatively, if you want to make a real burrito, this meal prep can significantly save you time on a weeknight because you just need to heat up the wrap and reheat the ingredients.
Naked Chorizo Burrito Bowls
- 225 g Spanish Chorizo chopped
- 1 Bell Pepper finely, chopped
- 150 g Sweetcorn drained from can
- 230 g Black Beans drained from can
- 1 Red Onion finely, chopped
- 2 Tomatoes chopped
- You can prepare all the ingredients in advance which you do not need to cook which are the onions, tomatoes, black beans and sweet corn.
- In the same pan, I cooked the chorizo and bell peppers, which takes roughly 5 minutes.
- For meal prep purposes, refrigerate up to 4 days.
- You can enjoy this as a naked burrito, by adding avocado / guacamole on the day and mixing all the ingredients together.
- This could be a make-ahead ingredient if you want to make a burrito on a week night which ultimately saves time and allows you to make a burrito in 5 minutes.
Hey, I’m Mani and I started Spicy Meal Prep to help you prepare and cook healthy meals that have an extra kick of flavor! Whether you’re a busy worker looking to save time or a fitness enthusiast looking for meal planning inspiration, you will find recipes and cooking tips here to help you thrive in the kitchen!