I’m back with another Nando’s fakeaway recipe! Here is my attempt of making juicy peri-peri chicken thighs made from my homemade peri-peri sauce.
Homemade takeout meals are on the rise right now and if there is one thing I miss, it is these amazing boneless peri-peri chicken thighs from Nando’s.
Last year, the first recipe which I uploaded to this website was this peri-peri chicken butterfly burger that was inspired by Nando’s, and it is still the most popular recipe on this website today.
This spicy chicken thigh recipe is much better because it is marinated with a homemade peri-peri sauce recipe. If you enjoy eating juicy grilled chicken, you will love it!
What Is Peri Peri Chicken Thighs?
These chicken thighs are boneless chicken thighs marinated in peri-peri sauce best served grilled.
This recipe is one of the best because it’s so spicy, tender, and juicy.
As you can see in the picture, the chicken thighs look the same as what you get in Nando’s however I have not used any product from Nando’s.
The peri-peri sauce was made from scratch and I used a griddle pan to cook these chicken thighs. In the summer months, it will taste better cooked on a BBQ!
Recipe Ingredients Explained
- Boneless chicken thighs: Simply buy a pack from your local supermarket and ideally go for boneless.
- Peri peri sauce: I have a homemade recipe for peri peri sauce which was used to marinate the chicken thighs in this recipe. If you have most of the ingredients at home and a food processor, it will be worth giving it a try. However, you can use any peri peri sauce from the supermarket to marinate the chicken thighs.
Meal Prep Tips
These peri peri chicken thighs are perfect for meal prep because they taste superb when reheated and can last for up to 3-4 days. I often make a batch of these on a Sunday and serve it with rice or potatoes.
- Can you reheat peri peri chicken thighs? Yes, they will still taste juicy and tender when you reheat them in the microwave, stove top or oven. They will keep well in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
- Can you freeze peri peri chicken thighs? Yes, you can store them for up to 6 months but ensure you use an airtight container or freezer bag.
- Marinate the chicken thighs for at least 4 hours.
- Serve with spicy rice for an amazing combination.
- Reapply the peri-peri sauce half way when cooking to get amazing flavors.
Peri Peri Chicken Thighs Recipe (Nando's Fakeaway)
- 500 g boneless chicken thighs
- 1 cup peri-peri sauce
- Add the chicken thighs and peri peri sauce to a mixing bowl, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but most preferably 8 hours.
- Pre-heat your griddle pan or grill on high heat for 5 minutes.
- On medium-high heat, add the chicken and cook for 20 minutes.
- Reapply the peri peri sauce from the mixing bowl to the chicken.
Hey, I’m Mani and I started Spicy Meal Prep to help you prepare and cook healthy meals that have an extra kick of flavor! Whether you’re a busy worker looking to save time or a fitness enthusiast looking for meal planning inspiration, you will find recipes and cooking tips here to help you thrive in the kitchen!