Here is a high protein and muscle gain recipe for a Mediterranean chicken quinoa bowl which is perfect for meal prep that does not require reheating.
Grilled chicken breasts loaded with feta cheese, avocado, bell peppers, zucchini and quinoa is certainty ends up a high calorie meal however you can portion control this recipe to make the calories lower.
How to make a Mediterranean chicken quinoa bowl?
Chicken: Season with olive oil, lemon juice, dried oregano, salt and black pepper.
Quinoa: Reduce or portion control if you want to low the calories.
Feta Cheese: For extra protein and flavour but this does make it a high calorie meal.
Avocado: Healthy and fresh addition.
Vegetables: Bell Peppers and Zucchini.
No Reheat Mediterranean Chicken Quinoa Bowl
- 300 g Chicken Breast
- 1/2 Cup Quinoa
- 100 g Feta Cheese
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove minced
- 1 Lemon juiced
- Black Pepper
- 1 Avacado
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 1 Zucchini
- Pinch of Chilli Flakes
- Ensure the chicken breasts are flattened with a meat hammer for best cooking results. Season the chicken with the olive oil, oregano, salt, black pepper, garlic and lemon juice. Allow it to marinate in the refrigerator overnight or at least 4 hours for best results.
- Cook the chicken on on a griddle pan on medium-high heat or in the oven (200c/400f) for 10-12 minutes.
- Cook the quinoa by rinsing it first and adding it to boiled water (for every 100g add 300ml water) on medium heat for 10-15 minutes. Once done, add the cooked quinoa to your meal prep container or serving bowl.
- Once the chicken has been cooked, add it to the meal prep container or serving bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to complete this chicken quinoa bowl. Optional but add chilli flakes to the avocado.
- For meal prep, you can refrigerate this up to 3-4 days. It is best to eat this cold but you can reheat it until the chicken is pipping hot.
Hey, I’m Mani and I started Spicy Meal Prep to help you prepare and cook healthy meals that have an extra kick of flavor! Whether you’re a busy worker looking to save time or a fitness enthusiast looking for meal planning inspiration, you will find recipes and cooking tips here to help you thrive in the kitchen!