Here is a home-made peri peri chilli sauce which tastes so much better than store bought marinades.
Yes, it requires more effort but it will be totally worth it, especially in the summer when you can grill peri peri chicken on the BBQ!Print
- 10 African Birds Eye Chilli / Red Chillies
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika Powder (or Paprika Powder)
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper Powder
- 1/2 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Lemon
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Chopped Cilantro / Coriander
- Salt to taste
- Add all ingredients to high speed blender or food processor. Process until you have a smooth sauce.
- Add to air tight mason jar for storage.
- Refrigerate up to a week. Use more lemon or lime if you want to store it for longer.