This spicy peanut sauce is amazing for meal prep recipes or when you are looking for a quick idea for dinner. It is spicy, tasty and also vegan-friendly.
Add it to noodles, spring rolls, grilled chicken, tofu or salads. It will enhance these dishes with so much flavour.
The good news is that you can prep this sauce for up to a week which you can leave stored in your fridge.
Or you can just use it fresh which only takes minutes by using a blender.
How to make spicy peanut sauce
1) Main ingredients
Peanut Butter: It is easier to use smooth peanut butter sauce for this recipe. If you do use cruncy peanut butter sauce, you will need add additional water and blend it for a smoother texture.
Soy Sauce: I used low-sodium soy sauce.
Sesame Oil: Key for this recipe.
Chilli-Infused Oil: Optional but adds extra kick. You can use a hot sauce instead.
Red Chilli Flakes: Optional but good if you want it spicy.
Rice Vinegar: Good for this sauce, but you can use red wine vineger as a subsitute.
Ginger and Garlic: Key for flavour.
Water: Use more water if you are using crunch peanut butter.
There are two main ways on how to make this spicy peanut sauce:
- Use a blender or food processor, and use it or store it.
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan, allow it to simmer, and use it or store it.
- Store the spicy peanut sauce in the fridge for 5-7 days.
- Store in the freezer up to 6 months – but use a tightly sealed freezer bag.
Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 4 tsp Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce low sodium
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Chilli-Infused Oil
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- 2 tsp Rice Vinegar
- Fresh Grated Ginger
- 1 Clove Garlic minced
- 1/2 cup Water
If you want to use a blender:
- Add all the ingredients and blend for 30 seconds (or until it reaches the desired texture).
If you do not want to use blender:
- Add all the ingredients to a saucepan on medium-high heat and allow it to cook for 5-8 minutes.
- If you intend to prep the spicy peanut sauce, store it in a mason jar or air-tight bag.
- Use within 5-7 days if stored in the fridge.
- Use within 6 months if stored in the freezer.
Frequently asked questions
Is this recipe vegan-friendly?
Yes, this spicy peanut sauce recipe is suitable for vegans and it is a tasty addition for your noodles or salads. It also goes very well with tofu and adds plenty of flavour.
Can you freeze spicy peanut butter sauce?
Yess, you can freeze this sauce and I would advise up to six months. You could also turn this into a chicken marinade and freeze it which keeps well. I would strongly advise to use a freezer bag.
How can I make this less spicy?
Do not use the chilli-infused oil and red chilli flakes. However, even if you do not like spice, a pinch of red chilli flakes will add more flavour to this sauce without it being too spicy.
How can I make this more sweet?
I did not use any sugar for this sauce but you can add honey or maple syrup to make it more sweet.
Spicy Meal Prep is a food blog and resource for busy people and home cooks around the world. What started as a solo blog has now turned into a website of healthy recipes and home cooking tips written by home cooks, chefs and nutritionists around the world. Our mission is to make healthy cooking easy, with realistic recipes that you will actually cook and balanced meals that you can fit into your meal plan.