This low-carb sausage and egg scramble is a tasty breakfast recipe that is perfect for meal prep and keto. With a spicy kick and layer of melted cheese, this is true comfort food for the morning that can help you keep full and stay on track.
What is sausage & egg scramble
Sausage and egg scramble is a delicious low-carb breakfast that is tasty and great for meal prep.
This recipe can help you to feel full all morning as it’s also loaded with cheese and red bell peppers.
You can also make this spicy with smoked paprika which helps keep it smelling and tasting amazing when you reheat it during the week-ahead.
- Breakfast Sausage: You can use your preferred type of sausage whether it’s made from pork, turkey, chicken, or vegetarian/vegan protein. There’s plenty of options.
- Scrambled Eggs: Simply make scrambled eggs with milk, butter, and your choice of seasoning. I find that a spicy seasoning works well for meal prep, in particular, smoked paprika or cajun seasoning works well.
- Bell Pepper: Finely chop up bell pepper and the aroma will be amazing.
- Shredded Cheese: Add shredded cheese to complete this sausage and egg scramble recipe. If you’re on a low-carb or keto diet, it’s wise to add more cheese to keep you full.
How to make sausage & egg scramble
You will need to cook the sausage and scrambled eggs separately, and then combine it together with cheese.
These sausages were cooked to perfection in the air fryer and the scrambled eggs was prepped in the meantime. It’s a quick and easy recipe which is great for meal prep.
Here the sausages are cooked in the air fryer, but you can choose your preferred method.
Cook the scrambled eggs in the meantime which should be done within 10 minutes.
Add the sausages to the egg scramble. You can chop them up which makes it easier to portion control.
Add the shredded cheese to the sausage and egg scramble. Serve or meal prep for the week ahead.
- This can be a vegetarian meal prep recipe if you choose vegetarian sausages. These sausages from cauldron foods are amazing and high in protein.
- Feel free to experiment with the spicy seasoning blend. Cajun works well, as well as smoked paprika.
- Use low-carb ketchup to keep it macro-friendly if you’re on a keto diet. This skinny sauce works well.
Breakfast Sausage and Egg Scramble Recipe
- 6 sausages
- 6 eggs
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp milk
- Cook the sausages according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, to a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, salt, black pepper and smoked paprika.
- Heat butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the eggs and whisk.
- Add the red bell peppers, and whisk again.
- Once the sausages are cooked, chop them into pieces and add to the egg scramble.
- Add the shredded cheese.
- Serve or store in meal prep containers for the week ahead.
- Eat within 3-4 days or freeze up to 2 months.
- Serve with a low-carb sauce if you're on a keto diet.
Hey, I’m Mani and I started Spicy Meal Prep to help you prepare and cook healthy meals that have an extra kick of flavor! Whether you’re a busy worker looking to save time or a fitness enthusiast looking for meal planning inspiration, you will find recipes and cooking tips here to help you thrive in the kitchen!