Shredded Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1.5 lb Chicken Breasts
- 0.6 cup Franks Wings Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Paprika Powder
- 8 Romaine Lettuce Leaves
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Use your preferred cooking method to cook the chicken with salt, pepper, and paprika seasoning.
- Use a fork to shred the chicken.
- Add the shredded chicken to a bowl.
- Add the franks wings hot sauce.
- Lay each lettuce leaf flat and add the shredded chicken.
- Add lemon juice and your favorite toppings.
- For meal prep, consume within 3-4 days or freeze up to 3 months.
These shredded buffalo chicken lettuce wraps are incredible. They are low-carb, healthy, light and so tasty.
This is a recipe perfect for meal prep too because you can make a batch of shredded chicken in advance and reheat your portions.
Also, these are great for dinner parties appetizers – simply grab your lettuce, fill it with the shredded buffalo chicken, roll and eat!
1) Chicken Breasts
These are lean, budget-friendly, and easy to shred once cooked. You can simply season the chicken breasts with salt and black pepper, and use your preferred cooking method.
2) Franks Buffalo Wings Hot Sauce
This recipe only requires one small bottle of this hot sauce for the shredded chicken. Alternatively, you can use any hot sauce, but this recipe is for buffalo chicken lovers!
3) Romaine Lettuce
Simply buy a pack of romaine lettuce, and you can fill the shredded chicken with the leaves. The beauty of these lettuce wraps is that not only are they low-carb but also low calorie and light.
How to make buffalo chicken lettuce wraps
There are a few ways to prepare the shredded chicken, and it’s ultimately down to your preferred cooking method.
You can cook the chicken by using the instant pot, air fryer, oven or grill, but you will need to shred the chicken once it’s cooked.
I used the air fryer which cooks the chicken breasts to perfection within 12 minutes and I used two forks to shred the chicken.
What to serve with buffalo chicken lettuce wraps?
These buffalo chicken lettuce wraps are light, low-carb and low in calories which makes it ideal for a party snack, light lunch or quick dinner.
As it’s low in calories, if you have room to spare, you have some tasty options to serve with the buffalo chicken lettuce wraps which are:
- Garlic aioli sauce
- Freshly chopped red onion
- Shredded cheese
- Mint chutney
- Freshly chopped avocado
- If you’re on a keto diet and want to use this recipe for your meal plan, I would highly recommend adding shredded cheese to the chicken and sauce, as well as serving it with avocado.
- For extra spice and flavor, I seasoned the chicken with paprika whilst it was cooking.
- If you have an instant pot or air fryer, it will be faster to cook this shredded chicken to perfection.
Hey, I’m Mani and I started Spicy Meal Prep to help you prepare and cook healthy meals that have an extra kick of flavor! Whether you’re a busy worker looking to save time or a fitness enthusiast looking for meal planning inspiration, you will find recipes and cooking tips here to help you thrive in the kitchen!