This spicy chicken drumstick recipe is a regular meal prep of mine which consequently is a BBQ regular during the summer too.
This is pretty much why I started this blog because I wanted to meal prep my favourite foods which I did not think was possible or practical many years back.
The ingredients and instructions are the same but the cooking method will highly depend on the time of the year.
Aside from the BBQ grill, you can cook chicken legs on a griddle pan, frying pan or oven tray.
It will still smell and taste just as good, but the key is to allow the chicken legs marinate for a few hours.
This recipe is great because just imagine an incredibly tender bite combined with spice and flavour.Print
Incredibly tasty and spicy chicken drumsticks that you need to try. Perfect for the ultimate party and family snack, and best cooked in the BBQ grill, griddle pan or baked in the oven.
- 1 kg Chicken Drumsticks
- 1 tsp Red Chill Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce (optional)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- Either keep or remove the skin depending on your preference. If you are going to remove the skin, use your knife to make a gentle slice on each chicken drumstick twice.
- Combine all the ingredients into the mixing bowl and mix. Store in fridge and allow to marinate for 2-4 hours.
- Pre-heat your oven (200 C / 392 F) and cook for 25-30 minutes. Rotate each chicken drumstick after 15 minutes. Alternatively, you can cook on the grill or griddle pan for around 20 minutes.
- The addition of the Soy Sauce is optional.
- Refrigerate up to four days
- Serving Size: 1 (3 Drumsticks)
- Calories: 392
- Sodium: 1114 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Saturated Fat: 10.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 0.5 g
- Protein: 55 g
Keywords: Spicy Chicken Drumsticks