This spicy chicken drumstick recipe is a regular meal prep of mine which consequently is a BBQ regular during the summer too.
This is pretty much why I started this blog because I wanted to meal prep my favourite foods which I did not think was possible or practical many years back.
The ingredients and instructions are the same but the cooking method will highly depend on the time of the year.
Aside from the BBQ grill, you can cook chicken legs on a griddle pan, frying pan or oven tray.
It will still smell and taste just as good, but the key is to allow the chicken legs marinate for a few hours.
This recipe is great because just imagine an incredibly tender bite combined with spice and flavour.
Spicy Chicken Drumsticks
- 1 kg Chicken Drumsticks
- 1 tsp Red Chill Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Paste
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon juiced
- Either keep or remove the skin depending on your preference. If you are going to remove the skin, use your knife to make a gentle slice on each chicken drumstick twice.
- Combine all the ingredients into the mixing bowl and mix. Store in fridge and allow to marinate for 2-4 hours.
- Pre-heat your oven (200 C / 392 F) and cook for 25-30 minutes. Rotate each chicken drumstick after 15 minutes. Alternatively, you can cook on the grill or griddle pan for around 20 minutes.
- Refrigerate up to four days
Hey, I’m Mani and I started Spicy Meal Prep to help you prepare and cook healthy meals that have an extra kick of flavor! Whether you’re a busy worker looking to save time or a fitness enthusiast looking for meal planning inspiration, you will find recipes and cooking tips here to help you thrive in the kitchen!