Here is a real simple tofu fried rice recipe which you can cook on the weekend and use the leftovers for your meal prep.
Tofu, Grains and Vegetables
- 400g Tofu
- 1 cup Brown Rice
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sriracha Sauce (for garnish)
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Honey (for vegans use an alternative)
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger (or grated)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder (or minced)
- Lemon Juice (from half a lemon)
- Prepare the rice in advance by adding boiled water to your saucepan. Once the water is boiling, add your rice and stir.
- Allow it to cook in the background for 20 to 25 minutes. Add it back to your saucepan and cover until your are ready to combine the tofu.
Tofu + Marinade
- Ensure the tofu is fully drained and pressed.
- Dice the tofu into smaller cubes (1/4 inch).
- Add olive oil to your frying pan or cast iron, on medium heat, and fry for 10-12 minutes.
- Once the tofu starts to look golden or when the texture feels crispier, remove from the frying pan or turn off the heat.
- To your mixing bowl add all the ingredients for the marinade sauce, followed by the tofu and stir to combine.
Combine Tofu and Rice
- Use the same frying pan or cast iron, and add the sliced red bell peppers and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and marinaded tofu, and stir.
- Cook on medium-high heat for 5 minutes and keep stirring.
- Garnish with sriracha sauce.
- For your meal prep, refrigerate up to three to four days.
- If you want to thicken up the tofu, add 1 tbsp of corn flour / corn starch.
- For vegans (and depending on your view with honey), replace honey with an alternative for sweetness.
- For variations, you can add more vegetables or replace the rice with cauliflower rice or quinoa.
- Method: One Pot
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: Tofu Fried Rice