This looks like chicken, right? It is actually tofu and here is my attempt of making a tofu katsu curry which is the vegetarian and vegan alternative to the mighty chicken katsu curry.
It tastes the same, if not better, which largely depends on the curry sauce.
Also, the tofu has been coated in breadcrumbs and baked in the oven.
This recipe is a simplified version and can be easy to make, or prep for the week ahead. I can confirm this is a very tasty lunch idea for work or a healthy dinner option.Print
- 400g Organic Tofu (pressed, drained and cut into chunks)
- 1 Cup Rice
- Leafy Salad
Easy Curry Sauce
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 tbsp Garlic and Ginger Paste
- 2 tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Plain Flour
- 300ml Water / Vegetable Stock
- Add olive oil to a large saucepan.
- Add tofu and fry for 5-8 minutes, until they are golden brown on all sides. Temporarily add to separate plate and paper towel.
- In the same saucepan, add the onion, garlic and ginger paste. Fry for 5 minutes. Add the curry powder, maple syrup, soy sauce and plain flour. Stir to combine.
- Add the water or vegetable stock. Use a hand blender to mix into a fine sauce. Continue to cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice to your meal prep container, followed by the tofu chunks and sauce.
- Refrigerate up to 3-4 days.
- For best results, use a hand blender or high speed blender, to make the curry sauce.
- Nutritional information includes the rice and tofu katsu curry.
- Category: Meal Prep
- Method: One-pot
- Cuisine: Asian
- Serving Size: 1 Meal Prep
- Calories: 338
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 318.2 mg
- Fat: 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 39.6 g
- Fiber: 6.5 g
- Protein: 21.9 g
Keywords: Tofu katsu curry