Jerk Chicken Bowl Recipe with Mango Salsa Recipe
This jerk chicken bowl with mango salsa is a great way to combine spicy food with fresh and sweet fruit that totally satisfies the tastes buds.
- 14 oz Chicken Breasts cut bite-sized chunks.
- 4 tsp Jerk Marinade.
- 1 cup Rice
- 1 Mango finely diced.
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Cilantro finely chopped
- 1 Lime juice
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil extra virgin
- 1/2 tsp Salt to taste.
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
Marinate the chicken with the jerk marinade overnight or for at least 4 hours.
Pre-heat your griddle pan or saucepan on high heat. Reduce to medium-high heat after several minutes, add olive oil and the jerk chicken. Cook for 5-6 minutes on each side.
Cook the rice in a saucepan, by adding 1 & 1/2 cup of water and 1 cup of rice.
Prep the mango salsa by finely dicing the mango, finely chopping the onion, and cilantro. Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl and add the lime juice.
Serve the jerk chicken, rice and mango salsa, or add it to a meal prep container if you want to reheat it for the week-ahead.
- This recipe will keep well in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- You can freeze this recipe for up to 1 month.
- Reheat for 2-3 minutes in the microwave.
- You can use any jerk marinade but this recipe card features a homemade version.
Serving: 1servingCalories: 314kcalCarbohydrates: 32gProtein: 27.7gFat: 8.5gSaturated Fat: 0.4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.7gSodium: 1624mgFiber: 3.3gSugar: 14.3g